Effective: May 24th, 2018
Benefacts has provided this policy statement to let you know how we will continue to collect, use and protect personal information generated in the course of our interaction with you.
This Policy covers information that you give us when you engage with us directly: for our policies concerning your use of our website www.benefacts.ie, see https://en.benefacts.ie/site/privacy-statement-benefacts-ie/
We rely on the information you provide to us or that we collect about your individual interactions with us for example, if you contact us to request information or you participate in an event that we organise.
How Benefacts uses information about you
Benefacts may use data about you:
- To manage and assure the integrity of our services
- To fulfill your data or information requests and manage your relationship with us
- To send you information about our website, publications, services, events and other
matters e.g. user surveys or other materials that you may be interested in
- To expand our online audiences
When Benefacts may disclose information that identifies you
Benefacts may disclose or transfer data that identifies you to other companies or entities only in certain circumstances:
- To vendors that work on our behalf
- To law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process or in our discretion, unless otherwise prohibited by law, to protect human safety, our rights or the rights of others
You have a choice about and control over receiving marketing messages from us. We
may contact you by email or SMS messaging.
You may ask Benefacts for a copy of your information, to correct it or erase it.
You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your
consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to
object to direct marketing at any time.
Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so, you also
have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for
example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data.
For more information, or to request a change in the status of the data about you that we
hold, contact: email@example.com